Commemorative Plaques

Plaque 1
Plaque 2

Masonic Temple Dedicated to the Glory of God and to Freemasonry

Yokohama, 12th February 1927

Stanley Edward White D.G.M. P.G.D.

The cost of the land and of this temple has been defrayed out of funds generously donated by United Grand Lodge of England, to replace the Masonic Hall destroyed in the earthquake of the 1st September 1923

Commemorating the resumption of labors on 9th April 1946 and in grateful appreciation of the invaluable assistance rendered by Lt. Gen. Eichelberger Com. Gen. 8th US Army and the members of Tokyo Bay Masonic Club in restoring this building for the benefit of the Craft. 14th Sept. 1948.

This Temple was built by Masonic Hall Ltd. (HK) and this stone was laid on September 28th 1985 by Bro. A.L. Purves Hon S.G.W., District Grand Master of the Far East 1975–1985 Scottish Constitution.

[Transcriptions added to make text available to Web search engines]